Recently DGI Doedijns successfully delivered a complete ballast system for a Petrobras FPSO vessel. The order was awarded to DGI Doedijns because of our ability to deliver a full turn-key system including a PLC based control system with touch screen interface and Modbus communication with the possibility to fully operate the system either locally or through a remote DCS. The functionality of the operating system has also been fully designed by DGI Doedijns.
The complete systems consists of the following parts:
- 1x Hydraulic power unit with redundant motor pump set and accumulator to store hydraulic energy.
- 1x PLC based control panel with touch screen HMI, providing full local and remote operating modes.
- 4x 24″/PN10 butterfly valve with hydraulic double acting actuator and analogue position feedback.
- 4x 36″/PN10 butterfly valve with hydraulic double acting actuator and analogue position feedback.
- 8x Local hand pump unit, to be installed in the near vicinity of the valves, for local manual override.
The complete system has been set up in our factory in Waddinxveen where it was tested as a completely connected and operational system.
"This project was quite a challenge, but nonetheless Doedijns was complimented for the high quality and flawless working of the complete system by the Petrobras inspector and we are proud of that!"
Ronald van der Willik, Team leader / Sales Engineer Valve Automation Systems
Would you like to find out more about this project?
2741 PH Waddinxveen
P.O. Box 179
2740 AD Waddinxveen
+31 88 0912 600